Progress check (Formative Category) - 10% of the overall grade
- All progress checks will be announced and will be given after students have had the lesson and a chance to practice.
- These progress checks serve as checkpoint for the students to know what concepts they need to review before the unit assessment.
- Progress checks will be graded based on accuracy.
Homework Assignments (Practice Category) - 10% of the Overall Grade
- At the end of most class period, students are asked to complete an assignment for independent practice over the skills/concepts presented.
- Homework will be graded based on completion and students will be expected to check their own homework assignments and self-assess their learning.
- A homework grade will be given at the end of each unit based on the number of homework assignments completed.
Assessments: Unit Tests - 70% of the overall grade
- Unit Assessments are based on Common Core standards covered throughout the unit.
- Unit Assessments will be graded based on mastery of standards.
Finals - 10% of the overall grade
- At the end of each trimester there will be a cumulative exam.
- The Final Assessment grade will be based on points.
- There will be NO retakes allowed.