PYTHAGOREAN Theorem Unit Directions
Below are the tasks thAT I would like for you to accomplish before takING the PYTHAGOREAN Theorem Test on Wed. March 28th. Please make sure to do the tasks in the oRDER FOR WHICH they are listed. Please USE your time in class and during seminar wisely so you can limit the amount of homework you end up having to do. mAKE SURE to PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE TASKS THAT NEED TO BE TURNED IN OR SHOWN TO ME FOR credit.
1. Please watch the following Videos by clicking on the link below.
2. Please take notes about the Pythagorean theorem and it's converse. Click on the button below.
3. Please Work through the Proving Pythagoras Right (Proving the Pythagorean Theorem) Worksheet. Located on the table under the clock. Make sure to read the directions carefully and don't freak out if you get stuck. I will help you tomorrow when I am back. Hopefully this will help you understand why the Theorem is what it is and why it works. Please check your answers once you are finished. Turn it into the basket when you are finished. If you need to hold onto this until tomorrow you can and move on to task #4.
4. Please watch and take notes as you work through lesson 10-1 Instructions (#1-3) as well as the self-assessment #1-3. i have pushed this lesson to you through powerschool.
5. Please find a partner to complete the worksheet the says practice #1 on one side and Practice #2 on the other. The papers are located on the table under the clock. Have one person complete side labeled Practice #1 and the other person complete Practice #2 of the worksheet independently. Once you are both done, exchange worksheets and check each others work. It is very important that you truly take your time and make sure they are correct. If they are not, you need to explain to them where you believe they went wrong. Once you agree that all the problems are correct, turn your papers into the late work basket with your name as well as your partner's name on it. (That means two papers per group should be turned in)
6. Please do as many of the following word problems as the program will allow you to do. (Suggestion: Draw A picture of the scenario) Click on the button below to start practicing.
7. Please complete the 3D worksheet (#1-5,20-22) located on the table under the clock. When you are finished please check your work with the answer key. Once you have checked it please come and report to me how you did so I can mark you down for having this accomplished.
8. Please complete the Fencing Your Property Geometry Project worksheet located on the table under the clock. When you are finished please check your work with the answer key. Once you have checked it please come and report to me how you did so I can mark you down for having this accomplished.
9. please play the following Jeopardy Review game by clicking on the link below.
10. Please complete the Pythagorean Theorem Review worksheet located on the table under the clock. The only thing not on this review that will be on the test is story problems. Once you have completed it I would like for you to Turn it into the late work basket for credit.